Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Today was excessively hot. I don't know if it's because I'm not used to summer weather, or if it really was that hot. I've been suffocating all day. Not that I'm complaining! I hate winter, and I'd much rather it be this hot than snowing. But I definitely don't know what I'd do if I lived somewhere that was this warm year-round!

Oh and when I say today was excessively hot, I mean it still is. There was absolutely no way I was going to slave over a stove (okay, not slave, I enjoy it haha) for a few hours. Looks like its leftover night!

But I did make something delicious, cold, and refreshing. A smoothie!


First, I gathered my ingredients.


I chopped up two delicious ripe bananas.


1/4 cup of peanut butter, 1 cup of ice cubes, and 1 cup milk...


Added everything but the ice, blended until smooth...


Added the ice cubes, and blended until smooth.


Yum!

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie

Makes two large smoothies or three small smoothies

Ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup ice cubes

Instructions:
1. Peel and slice the bananas
2. Add the milk, bananas, and peanut butter to a blender and blend until smooth
3. Add the ice cubes, and blend until smooth
4. Serve immediately in tall glasses

If this is a sign of the delightful smoothies to come, I can't wait for the rest of this hot summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment