Friday, May 18, 2012

Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Technically, I have two "mothers." I've been dating my boyfriend for a very long time, and I'm very close with his family. I wasn't with his mom on mother's day (I couldn't serve her breakfast in bed too), and her birthday is conveniently close to mother's day! So I baked her some cookies.

And we have a lot of those cookies now. I found this recipe and couldn't contain my excitement. It would make enough for Mrs. P and enough for my family to munch on. And they certainly are yummy! (And gooey, and crunchy..). Is that possible? I don't know, but that's how I would describe them. :)


I always seem to have a problem with making small cookies. I call it spoon heavy. When my spoon goes into a nice bowl of batter to grab enough for a cookie, I grab a huge spoonful, almost as if I'm eating it straight out of the bowl! So my cookies are much larger than they are supposed to be. I ended up with only about 4 dozen. I would recommend cutting this recipe in half. Although they are extremely good, it's a lot of cookies...


Double Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup of margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (I used regular oats and put them in the food processor for a few seconds)
- 6oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, softened margarine, egg, water, and vanilla until well incorporated
3. Then, stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, oats, and chocolate chips
4. On a greased cookie sheet, put rounded teaspoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart
5. Bake until you can touch the cookie and see almost no indentation, about 10 to 12 minutes (my cookies, since they were larger, took about 16 minutes)
6. Immediately remove from cookie sheet and serve warm and gooey





I will be making these again soon. And adding more chocolate chips! And probably cutting it in half. If I keep baking sweet treats.. Looks like I'll need to go to the gym. But for now, I'll just go get another one ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment