Saturday, May 19, 2012

Baked Zucchini Fries

I had an extremely productive Saturday. I scored on some sundresses that only need a few alterations (yay summer and yay deals!), ran all around town getting my best friend prepared for prom (sad, I want to go to prom again!), and tricked my dad.

I just love tricking my dad. I told him I was making fries tonight. But, I didn't tell him what kind of fries! (insert evil laugh here)

I made zucchini fries! These are really good. I may or may not have licked my plate (don't judge). And the inspiration came from Delighted Momma! She's great. Her recipe is (here). And I agree with her about her problem with french fries. There's nothing I want more after a long day of shopping than a Small Fry from McDonald's. But I know I must resist.

So instead, I'll be coming home and making these! They're so delicious and so quick. And my dad loved them (that's when you know they're good)!


Baked Zucchini Fries

Adapted from Delighted Momma (recipe)

Ingredients:
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 420°F
2. Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable nonstick cooking spray
3. Chop the two zucchinis into little "fries." Shape, size, and thickness is up to how you like your fries!
4. In a small bowl, mix together the egg white and the milk
5. In another small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs
6. Dip each zucchini "fry" into the egg white and milk mix, then dip it into the cheese and breadcrumb mix until it is fully covered
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot with your choice of dips


After 20 minutes, they were perfectly crisp and ready to be devoured! They are good with any range of dips, but they are good on their own too! The Italian breadcrumbs give just enough flavor.

The only problem I ran into was I didn't grate my Parmesan cheese small enough! It didn't want to stick to my zucchini fries and I had to sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the fries once they were on my baking sheet.

I guess that means I'll have to make these again (; and I am oh-so-okay with that! And I will be trying these with sweet potatoes very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment